Skip to main content
Thank you to:
- The Rainy Lake Conservancy for their generous donation of $500 towards the Fort Frances Trees Project! To learn more, go to our Projects page.
- The Fort Frances Walmart for their generosity in selling much-needed computer equipment at reduced cost to Rainy River District Stewardship! Thanks also to the patient staff in the Electronics Department for their assistance!
- Resolute Forest Products for generously donating a mirror stereoscope and several stereo pairs of aerial photographs of the Crossroute Forest. This will be used by students in the Outdoors Education class at the Fort Frances High School, taught by Ilka Milne. The stereoscope is used to view the photographs in 3D and interpret ground features, such as the slope of a hill or a tree species.
- Manitou Lumber Company, and Nickel Lake Lumber Company for their contributions to the marten box building project
Many individuals, organizations and local businesses have contributed to RRDS projects:
- Town of Fort Frances (ToFF)
- Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF)
- Fort Frances High School (FFHS)
- Northwestern Health Unit (NWHU)
- Rainy Lake Conservancy (RLC)
- Fort Frances Public Library and Technology Center (FFPLTC)
- Fort Frances General Supply
- Fort Frances Sportsman’s Club
- Jason Jones (Ojibway linguistics expert)
- Roy Taylor (Fort Frances Lions Club)
- Kaila Elders (Graphic Designs)